Body Control Pilates Master Matwork Teacher and Education Tutor, Dawn Wilton formed totalpilates when she qualified as a Pilates Teacher in 2007 with Body Control Pilates.
Prior to becoming a Pilates Teacher Dawn worked in the printing industry. Hours sat at a desk all day left her with poor posture and chronic low back and neck pain. After advice from a medical practitioner Dawn began Pilates classes and within months became pain free. It was these astonishing results that inspired her to train as a Pilates teacher.
Furthermore Dawn is a Back4Good® Practitioner. She has additionally undertaken extensive training exclusively related to exercise referral and low back pain to become a Back4Good® Practitioner. (Level 4 Advanced Exercise Instructor).
Dawn teaches predominately in Buckinghamshire where she teaches matwork classes and private sessions on Pilates studio equipment. As well as running her Pilates business in Buckinghamshire Dawn works at Body Control Pilates Head Office in London where she teaches private sessions, matwork classes and workshops for student teachers. Dawn is a Regional Coordinator and a student mentor for Body Control Pilates as well as part of their Education Team.
Before starting any exercise programme it’s advisable to seek advice from your GP or a health professional if you have any health concerns, such as a health condition or an injury.
Training and Qualifications
- A member of the Body Control Pilates Education Tutor Team
- Register of Exercise Professional Level 3 Pilates Teacher
- Body Control Pilates Master Matwork Teacher
- Register of Exercise Professional Level 4 Low Back Pain Specialist (Back4Good® Practitioners)
- Pregnancy Pre and Post Natal
- Intermediate Matwork
- Advanced Matwork
- Studio Equipment Certification -encompasses Beginner – Intermediate Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector
- Advanced Reformer (studio equipment)
- Advanced Cadillac (studio equipment)
- Advanced Chair (studio equipment)